From EatingWell: January/February 2009
You don't have to sit around a fire to enjoy S'mores. Just be sure to watch them carefully under the broiler—the marshmallows can go from perfectly toasted to charcoal in a hurry.
- 2 whole graham crackers, broken in half
- 4 marshmallows
- 2 tablespoons bittersweet chocolate chips, melted (see Tip)
- Position oven rack in the upper third of the oven; preheat broiler.
- Place graham cracker halves on a baking sheet; top each with 1 marshmallow. Broil, with the oven door ajar and watching carefully, until the marshmallows are golden brown, 45 to 75 seconds. Remove from the oven and drizzle each S’more with a little melted chocolate.
Tips & Notes
- Tip: To melt chocolate: Microwave on Medium for 1 minute. Stir, then continue microwaving on Medium in 20-second intervals until melted, stirring after each interval. Or place in the top of a double boiler over hot, but not boiling, water. Stir until melted.
Per serving: 98 calories; 3 g fat (1 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 18 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 0 g fiber; 70 mg sodium; 33 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 carbohydrate (other)
More From EatingWell
On a weekend morning, there’s nothing better than a hot stack...
Skip the store-bought candies and make your own! Try our...
Whether you’re vegan or entertaining a vegan guest for...
Thanksgiving dinner isn’t complete without an apple pie or...
The season of decorative holiday cookies is one of the most...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Sweet potato casserole is a traditional Thanksgiving side...
Chicken is always a favorite for anyone looking for a protein...
The tartness of fresh cranberries is a flavorful addition to...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
A piping-hot bowl of soup is a satisfying meal for a cozy...
Our healthy carrot recipes will help you get your fill of...
In just 10 minutes, make a delicious Thanksgiving appetizer...
Don't let muffins fool you: they may sound healthy, but many...
When it’s chilly outside, there’s no better way to warm up...
Wake up with these delicious and healthy recipes for homemade...
- Ease of Preparation
- Type of Dish
- Desserts, chocolate
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- January/February 2009