From EatingWell: January/February 2009
You don't have to sit around a fire to enjoy S'mores. Just be sure to watch them carefully under the broiler—the marshmallows can go from perfectly toasted to charcoal in a hurry.
- 2 whole graham crackers, broken in half
- 4 marshmallows
- 2 tablespoons bittersweet chocolate chips, melted (see Tip)
- Position oven rack in the upper third of the oven; preheat broiler.
- Place graham cracker halves on a baking sheet; top each with 1 marshmallow. Broil, with the oven door ajar and watching carefully, until the marshmallows are golden brown, 45 to 75 seconds. Remove from the oven and drizzle each S’more with a little melted chocolate.
Tips & Notes
- Tip: To melt chocolate: Microwave on Medium for 1 minute. Stir, then continue microwaving on Medium in 20-second intervals until melted, stirring after each interval. Or place in the top of a double boiler over hot, but not boiling, water. Stir until melted.
Per serving: 98 calories; 3 g fat (1 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 18 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 0 g fiber; 70 mg sodium; 33 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 carbohydrate (other)
More From EatingWell
In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...Icebox pies are an easy and popular summer dessert, yet they're...Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Turkey sausage is a healthy, leaner alternative to...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
- Type of Dish
- Desserts, chocolate
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- January/February 2009