From EatingWell: January/February 2009
You don't have to sit around a fire to enjoy S'mores. Just be sure to watch them carefully under the broiler—the marshmallows can go from perfectly toasted to charcoal in a hurry.
- 2 whole graham crackers, broken in half
- 4 marshmallows
- 2 tablespoons bittersweet chocolate chips, melted (see Tip)
- Position oven rack in the upper third of the oven; preheat broiler.
- Place graham cracker halves on a baking sheet; top each with 1 marshmallow. Broil, with the oven door ajar and watching carefully, until the marshmallows are golden brown, 45 to 75 seconds. Remove from the oven and drizzle each S’more with a little melted chocolate.
Tips & Notes
- Tip: To melt chocolate: Microwave on Medium for 1 minute. Stir, then continue microwaving on Medium in 20-second intervals until melted, stirring after each interval. Or place in the top of a double boiler over hot, but not boiling, water. Stir until melted.
- Cut Down on Dishes: A rimmed baking sheet is great for everything from roasting to catching accidental drips and spills. For effortless cleanup and to keep your baking sheets in tip-top shape, line them with a layer of foil before each use.
Per serving: 98 calories; 3 g fat (1 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 18 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 0 g fiber; 70 mg sodium; 33 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 carbohydrate (other)
More From EatingWell
If you want to make the spread at your next party look...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you’re looking for a new recipe to make for your Fourth of...
Put a fresh twist on your classic American fare with this...
From grilled chicken recipes to chicken salad recipes, our...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
To round out your summer meal, enjoy one of our healthy...
Enjoy all the fruits and vegetables summer has to offer with...
What's a picnic without coleslaw and a salad? Our healthier...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Beat the heat this summer with these easy recipes for your...
Fire up the grill, pull out the lawn chairs and celebrate...
Whether you’re in the mood for a sweet or salty snack, our...
We know summer can be a busy time of year, but be sure to...
Turmeric most often appears in Indian cuisine, as its flavor...
Cut saturated fat when you bake by swapping some of the...
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Ease of Preparation
- Type of Dish
- Desserts, chocolate
- January/February 2009