Individual Brussels Sprout & Potato Frittatas
From EatingWell: January/February 2012
Brussels sprouts and preshredded potatoes make these oversized muffin-shaped frittatas hearty. They’re as good served warm for dinner as they are at room temperature for lunch. Pair with a mixed green salad with cherry tomatoes and buttermilk dressing.
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups refrigerated preshredded potatoes
- 8 ounces Brussels sprouts, trimmed and thinly sliced (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 16-ounce container liquid egg substitute, such as Egg Beaters
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup low-fat milk
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat four 10-ounce ovenproof ramekins with cooking spray and place on a baking sheet.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add potatoes, Brussels sprouts, onion and garlic and cook, stirring, until softened and beginning to brown, about 6 minutes. Divide the mixture among the prepared ramekins.
- Whisk egg substitute, cheese, milk, thyme, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Pour the egg mixture over the potato mixture and gently stir to combine.
- Transfer the baking sheet to the oven. Bake until the eggs are set and an instant-read thermometer inserted in a frittata registers 160°F, about 25 minutes.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Equipment: Four 10-ounce ovenproof ramekins
Per serving: 209 calories; 6 g fat (2 g sat, 3 g mono); 7 mg cholesterol; 21 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 18 g protein; 3 g fiber; 666 mg sodium; 622 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (75% daily value), Folate (28% dv), Vitamin A (24% dv), Iron (20% dv), Potassium (18% dv), Calcium (17% dv)
Carbohydrate Servings: 1 1/2
Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 1/2 lean meat, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
Potato salad is a favorite summer dish, but classic versions...
It’s no wonder that the Mediterranean diet is considered to...
Enjoy the world’s healthiest diet with these delicious...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Berries and fresh summer fruit star in our healthy homemade...
Pork tenderloin is an easy and healthy addition to your...
Our healthy pepper recipes, including recipes for bell...
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
For a quick and healthy dinner, make one of our easy stir-fry...
While nothing quite beats eating quickly boiled or grilled...
From healthy blueberry muffins and blueberry pancakes topped...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, vegetarian
- January/February 2012