From EatingWell: July/August 2011
This tangy marinade, spiked with the Indian spice blend garam masala, is a terrific way to enliven chicken, tofu or pork chops.
- 1/2 cup grated or minced onion (about 1 medium)
- 1/4 cup lemon or lime juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons garam masala (see Note)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Whisk onion, lemon (or lime) juice, oil, garam masala and salt in a bowl until well combined.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
- Note: Garam masala, a blend of spices used in Indian cooking, usually includes cardamom, black pepper, cloves, nutmeg, fennel, cumin and coriander. It is available in the spice section of most supermarkets.
- Nutrition note: Based on Test Kitchen results, 2 teaspoons of marinade are absorbed per serving.
Per serving: 15 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 1 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 1 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 0 g protein; 0 g fiber; 98 mg sodium; 11 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 0
More From EatingWell
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
Potato salad is a favorite summer dish, but classic versions...
It’s no wonder that the Mediterranean diet is considered to...
Enjoy the world’s healthiest diet with these delicious...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Berries and fresh summer fruit star in our healthy homemade...
Pork tenderloin is an easy and healthy addition to your...
Our healthy pepper recipes, including recipes for bell...
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
For a quick and healthy dinner, make one of our easy stir-fry...
While nothing quite beats eating quickly boiled or grilled...
From healthy blueberry muffins and blueberry pancakes topped...
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Sauce/Condiment, marinade/rub
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- July/August 2011