Added garlic, onion, and grated fresh ginger in addition to cumin. Chick peas that you cook yourself improve the overall texture of the dish as well. Healthy and easy to make!
Indian-Spiced Kale & Chickpeas
Chickpeas make this exotic dish a terrific player in any vegetarian menu.
10 Reviews for Indian-Spiced Kale & Chickpeas
For me, the Indian flavours didn't really come through in this dish. It was still a very tasty way to have greens, but just not what I expected.
Served this with a baked potato with sour cream to make a complete meal.
The Indian spices are nice, but with that much kale I had to add sugar and apple cider vinegar, which is the way my father always makes kale. The sweet and sour overpower the bitterness and the smoky garam masala is a nice touch. The chickpeas are good, but they don't really add much. If I made this again I'd just skip the chickpeas and use them for something else.
I measured out the spices in the recipe as per my taste and served it with a Potato Curry with Peas for a more complete vegetarian meal. I really enjoyed it and will make it again - perhaps serve it with a rice pilaf next time.
not enough flavor; I had to add more cumin, more coriander and I added some chili powder. There are better recipes for kale w/Indian flavors.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)