I love Indian food, so I was very excited to try this recipe. It smelled heavenly while I was cooking it and my mouth was watering. After putting it all together, I sat down and took a big bite...and total disappointment. The spices on the chicken smelled great but seriously left something lacking, not sure what it was just off. the yogurt sauce was very bitter and didn't mix well with the spiced chicken at all. Don't waist your time with this one.
Indian-Spiced Chicken Pitas for Two
From EatingWell: May/June 2009
Make a perfect summer supper for two: grill spice-rubbed chicken breasts and tuck them into whole-wheat pitas along with fresh vegetables and a tangy yogurt sauce.
4 Reviews for Indian-Spiced Chicken Pitas for Two
This is easy to make. I love garam masala, so I use a little more. And the tzatziki sauce is good. But make sure to use greek yogurt, and maybe add a Tbsp of sour cream.
My husband and I have been trying to eat healthier. We have tried many recipes on this site, but this one just wasn't for us. The chicken was moist, but we didn't like the flavor from the seasoning. The sauce was bland. I guess this just wasn't for us.
i was really skeptical about eating a sandwich for dinner but i was so amazed. The sandwich filled me up; and my husband whos not into healthy eating loved it. Also the yogurt sauce was an amazing addition considering i dont enjoy yogurt. This will def be one of my fav dishes******
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- What Does a 1,500-Calorie Diet Look Like? (85 comments)
- EatingWell 28 Day Meal Plan Help (50 comments)
- EatingWell 7-Day Meal Plan Help (32 comments)
- Week #1: Are You Ready for a Change? (30 comments)
- Bottled Water vs. Tap (29 comments)
- EatingWell Magazine Digital Subscriptions or Single Issue Copies (28 comments)
- 3 Antidotes to Overeating (24 comments)
- The Wild Salmon Debate (21 comments)
- 7 Steps to Permanent Weight Loss (20 comments)
- Boost Fiber to Slim Down (18 comments)