Delicious and super easy. You'll think a chef arrived to cook you dinner.
Indian-Spiced Chicken Pitas
From EatingWell: May/June 2009
Make a perfect summer supper: grill spice-rubbed chicken breasts and tuck them into whole-wheat pitas along with fresh vegetables and a tangy yogurt sauce. Serve with: Grilled vegetables and a pilsner.
23 Reviews for Indian-Spiced Chicken Pitas
Couldn't find garam masala. Will post an update when I try again tomorrow after a trip to the store. Used garlic, curry powder, chili powder, lemon juice on the chicken.
This was SUPER EASY-- and tasted lovely. It was a good way to have chicken AGAIN and not feel like you were eating chicken again! :) The spice made a lovely addition and everyone LOVED the yogurt sauce (made with Greek Yogurt). A Fast, healthy weekday meal. Loved it!
This sandwich was great! The garam masala is a must, it really added a new depth to the recipe. I also substituted the plain greek yogurt, it was delicious and didn't make the sandwich soggy. Wonderful, fresh meal with lots of veggies.
This was very good! The garam masala added a lot of flavor to what would have otherwise been a very mild tasting sandwich. Next time I would use Greek yogurt or strain the yogurt first, though, because the sauce was a bit watery and made the sandwich a little soggy.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)