Loved this dish! I used tikka masala instead though. I was kinda scared that the yogurt mixture wouldn't go well with this masala but all was good!
Indian-Spiced Chicken Pitas
From EatingWell: May/June 2009
Make a perfect summer supper: grill spice-rubbed chicken breasts and tuck them into whole-wheat pitas along with fresh vegetables and a tangy yogurt sauce. Serve with: Grilled vegetables and a pilsner.
23 Reviews for Indian-Spiced Chicken Pitas
Good idea, garam masala seemed to be a poor fit for seasoning. After assembling I realized all it truly is is a oddly seasoned chicken gyro. Next time will substitute garam masala for something different. Would also suggest smaller cucumber pieces.
This recipe is super simple and my boyfriend and I both really enjoyed it. Store-bought Garam Masalas can be somewhat bland, but I cook with Indian flavors a lot, so I make my own to keep on hand. Use Greek Yogurt and your sauce won't be runny. Sauce recipe makes A LOT, so next time I'll cut that in half.
The garam masala adds really great flavour to this dish! The problem was with the sauce. It was watery and, like others have said, it made the sandwich pretty soggy. Next time, I'd made the sauce more like a traditional tzatziki (grate the cucumber, put it in cheesecloth and squeeze all of the liquid out before adding it to the yogurt). Marinating the chicken for a couple of hours and preparing the sauce ahead of time to allow all of the flavours to blend together would be a big help too.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)