Iced Cucumber-Lemon Soup
From EatingWell: July/August 1993
You can substitute dill, cilantro or basil for the mint in this refreshing cucumber-lemon soup. An easy way to make crushed ice is to fill clean milk or juice cartons with water and freeze. Then place the carton in a large plastic bag and smash with a hammer.
- 5 large cucumbers, peeled, seeded and cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions, (2 scallions)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 cups crushed ice
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Combine cucumbers, mint, scallions, lemon juice, zest and sugar in a food processor or blender; process until smooth. Add ice and blend until smooth. Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately in chilled bowls.
Per serving: 38 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 8 g carbohydrates; 2 g protein; 2 g fiber; 58 mg sodium; 378 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (25% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1 vegetable
More From EatingWell
In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...Icebox pies are an easy and popular summer dessert, yet they're...Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Turkey sausage is a healthy, leaner alternative to...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- July/August 1993
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)