I followed this recipe exactly. It smelled grate while cooking with the fresh rosemary. However, it tasted so bland. I made a small amount of polenta and made egg noodles. I had to doctor it up considerably to make it edible. Will never make again
Hunter's Chicken Stew
From EatingWell: September/October 2008
Hunter's Chicken is found across Northern Italy, with many variations. This version uses meaty bone-in chicken thighs and is full of onions, mushrooms and tomatoes. It's also delicious served over egg noodles.
9 Reviews for Hunter's Chicken Stew
LOVE this. I admit it took a fair amount of time to make, but the end result was so worth it. And I highly recommend making it as is, including the homemade polenta. The way it combines with the stew is just heavenly.
Thought this was great! Served over mashed potatoes instead of polenta but didnt think it went far enough for 8 people. Used only 6 thighs and it more or less was a serving for two.
I made this without the cornmeal.
This dish is delicious
The rosemary makes this dish smells so delicious. I kept sniffing it while I was cooking. :) In all, it's very tasty! I didn't have all the ingredients so I skipped a few like: dry wine and polenta (step 5). Also, I used 1 can of dice tomato since I have it on hand. The result is still yummy. It was served with rice and salad!
Will definitely make it again and again.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)