Hot Artichoke-Parmesan Spread
This update of a holiday entertaining classic delivers all of the rich flavor with far less of the usual fat. Serve with pita crisps or toasted slices of French bread.
- 1 14-ounce can artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- Dash of cayenne pepper
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place artichoke hearts in the center of a clean kitchen towel; gather up the ends and twist firmly to extract all the moisture.
- Combine the artichokes, 1 cup Parmesan cheese, mayonnaise, garlic, lemon zest and cayenne pepper in a food processor. Process until smooth, scraping down the sides of the bowl. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Spread the mixture in an even layer in a small ovenproof gratin dish. Sprinkle with the remaining 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese and bake until the top is golden, about 15 minutes. Serve warm.
Per tablespoon: 31 calories; 2 g fat (1 g sat, 0 g mono); 3 mg cholesterol; 3 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 2 g protein; 1 g fiber; 109 mg sodium; 71 mg potassium.
Exchanges: 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...Icebox pies are an easy and popular summer dessert, yet they're...Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Turkey sausage is a healthy, leaner alternative to...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- Ease of Preparation
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)