Hot Artichoke Dip
Our healthier version of the cocktail party favorite loads up on artichokes and plenty of Parmesan cheese, garlic and lemon zest for flavor. Who says healthier can't taste better?
- 2 14-ounce cans artichoke hearts, rinsed
- 2 cups plus 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon zest
- Cayenne pepper, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Chop artichoke hearts in a food processor. Add 2 cups Parmesan, mayonnaise, garlic, lemon zest, cayenne, salt and pepper; puree until smooth. Divide between two 2-cup gratin or other shallow baking dishes. Sprinkle each with 1 tablespoon Parmesan.
- Bake the dip until golden on top and heated through, 10 to 20 minutes.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Prepare Step 2, cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
Per 2-tablespoon serving: 61 calories; 3 g fat (1 g sat, 1 g mono); 7 mg cholesterol; 6 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 4 g protein; 3 g fiber; 327 mg sodium; 120 mg potassium.
Exchanges: 1/2 vegetable
More From EatingWell
An outstanding salad dressing can take your salad from ho-hum...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Turnips are a root vegetable with purple-white skin and a...
A piping-hot bowl of soup makes a delicious dinner and an...
Instead of ordering takeout tonight, try an easy chicken stir...
Whether you’re eating chickpeas in a salad, pasta dish or...
Pass on store-bought snacks that are loaded with fat and...
Vegetables are one of the healthiest foods you can eat,...
Our healthy low-carb desserts are delicious ways to end your...
Boneless chicken thighs can take plenty of cooking without...Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Who says entertaining has to be reserved for the weekend only...
Peanut butter is a healthy ingredient and more versatile than...
If you’re watching your sodium intake, these low-sodium snack...
When it comes to making healthy slow cooker chicken recipes,...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- Ease of Preparation