Hot Artichoke Dip
Our healthier version of the cocktail party favorite loads up on artichokes and plenty of Parmesan cheese, garlic and lemon zest for flavor. Who says healthier can't taste better?
- 2 14-ounce cans artichoke hearts, rinsed
- 2 cups plus 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon zest
- Cayenne pepper, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Chop artichoke hearts in a food processor. Add 2 cups Parmesan, mayonnaise, garlic, lemon zest, cayenne, salt and pepper; puree until smooth. Divide between two 2-cup gratin or other shallow baking dishes. Sprinkle each with 1 tablespoon Parmesan.
- Bake the dip until golden on top and heated through, 10 to 20 minutes.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Prepare Step 2, cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
Per 2-tablespoon serving: 61 calories; 3 g fat (1 g sat, 1 g mono); 7 mg cholesterol; 6 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 4 g protein; 3 g fiber; 327 mg sodium; 120 mg potassium.
Exchanges: 1/2 vegetable
More From EatingWell
In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...Icebox pies are an easy and popular summer dessert, yet they're...Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Turkey sausage is a healthy, leaner alternative to...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)