Hot Artichoke Dip
Our healthier version of the cocktail party favorite loads up on artichokes and plenty of Parmesan cheese, garlic and lemon zest for flavor. Who says healthier can't taste better?
- 2 14-ounce cans artichoke hearts, rinsed
- 2 cups plus 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon zest
- Cayenne pepper, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Chop artichoke hearts in a food processor. Add 2 cups Parmesan, mayonnaise, garlic, lemon zest, cayenne, salt and pepper; puree until smooth. Divide between two 2-cup gratin or other shallow baking dishes. Sprinkle each with 1 tablespoon Parmesan.
- Bake the dip until golden on top and heated through, 10 to 20 minutes.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Prepare Step 2, cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
Per 2-tablespoon serving: 61 calories; 3 g fat (1 g sat, 1 g mono); 7 mg cholesterol; 6 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 4 g protein; 3 g fiber; 327 mg sodium; 120 mg potassium.
Exchanges: 1/2 vegetable
More From EatingWell
If you’re planning a holiday party this year, make...Celebrate the new year with EatingWell’s best healthy recipes!...
Eating a meatless dinner on Thanksgiving opens up a world of...Find inspiration for healthy holiday dining and entertaining...
Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Try one of these 5-minute, healthy smoothie recipes for a...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Eating too many added sugars may be taking a toll on our...
Indulge in something sweet with our delicious vegan dessert...
Black bean soup and black bean chili are delicious,...
Whether it’s breakfast, lunch or dinner, healthy wrap recipes...
If you’re looking for a budget-friendly option for dinner,...
Pull out your crock pot and make a delicious and hearty slow-...
Packed with iron, dietary fiber and thiamine, oats are a...
If you’re trying to cut back on carbs or are following a low-...
Apple pie is a favorite fall dessert and pumpkin pie is an...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique