Hot Artichoke Dip
Our healthier version of the cocktail party favorite loads up on artichokes and plenty of Parmesan cheese, garlic and lemon zest for flavor. Who says healthier can't taste better?
- 2 14-ounce cans artichoke hearts, rinsed
- 2 cups plus 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon zest
- Cayenne pepper, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Chop artichoke hearts in a food processor. Add 2 cups Parmesan, mayonnaise, garlic, lemon zest, cayenne, salt and pepper; puree until smooth. Divide between two 2-cup gratin or other shallow baking dishes. Sprinkle each with 1 tablespoon Parmesan.
- Bake the dip until golden on top and heated through, 10 to 20 minutes.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Prepare Step 2, cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
Per 2-tablespoon serving: 61 calories; 3 g fat (1 g sat, 1 g mono); 7 mg cholesterol; 6 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 4 g protein; 3 g fiber; 327 mg sodium; 120 mg potassium.
Exchanges: 1/2 vegetable
More From EatingWell
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
One-pot recipes are the perfect solution for easy weeknight...
Our healthy stir-fry recipes are full of fiber-rich...
Packed with a bounty of nutrients as well as fiber, green...
Store-bought packaged foods can make cooking or baking easier...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
Whether you’re roasting beets, serving them sliced on a salad...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique