Honeyed Rhubarb Chutney
From EatingWell: May/June 1991
Jalapeno peppers add a touch of heat to this sweet-tart rhubarb chutney.
- 8 ounces rhubarb, trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch pieces (2 cups)
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- Pinch of ground cardamom, or ginger
- 1/4 cup water
- Mix rhubarb, onion, honey, raisins, jalapeños, vinegar, garlic, cardamom (or ginger) and water in a medium saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat; reduce heat to low, cover pan and cook for 15 minutes. Uncover and cook until thick, 3 to 5 more minutes.
Per serving: 91 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 24 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 1 g fiber; 4 mg sodium; 202 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1 1/2
Exchanges: 1 other carbohydrate, 1/2 vegetable
More From EatingWell
Our easy holiday appetizer recipes are great for a holiday...
Citrus fruit, such as grapefruit, lemons, limes and oranges,...
Kale and other dark leafy greens are a flavorful, vitamin-...
Making a quick and healthy dinner when you really pressed for...
A piping hot bowl of soup is the ultimate comfort food during...
Decadent cream-based soups are typically loaded with...
Enjoy seasonal fresh fruit even in winter with these healthy...
Winter salads can taste like a refreshing start to those...
Save money on food during the holiday season but still eat...
Pasta is a favorite comfort food—it’s quick, easy to cook and...
Picture this: You arrive home tired and frazzled, and the...
Our gluten-free cookie recipes are a healthy and delicious...
Whether you’re making Christmas cookies for your annual...
End your holiday meal on a sweet note with our healthy...
Spend more time with friends and family and less time in the...
Our festive holiday cocktails, including healthy recipes for...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Type of Dish
- Sauce/Condiment, savory
- May/June 1991