Honeyed Rhubarb Chutney
From EatingWell: May/June 1991
Jalapeno peppers add a touch of heat to this sweet-tart rhubarb chutney.
- 8 ounces rhubarb, trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch pieces (2 cups)
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- Pinch of ground cardamom, or ginger
- 1/4 cup water
- Mix rhubarb, onion, honey, raisins, jalapeños, vinegar, garlic, cardamom (or ginger) and water in a medium saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat; reduce heat to low, cover pan and cook for 15 minutes. Uncover and cook until thick, 3 to 5 more minutes.
Per serving: 91 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 24 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 1 g fiber; 4 mg sodium; 202 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1 1/2
Exchanges: 1 other carbohydrate, 1/2 vegetable
More From EatingWell
Omega-3 fats are good for your heart and are found in fish...
These healthy sugar-free dessert recipes are a delicious and...
Stir-fries are an easy way to get dinner on the table fast...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
Carbs have gotten a bad rap as a diet no-no, but whole grains...
When you’re trying to lose weight, you don’t need to skimp on...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Baking a cake from scratch doesn’t have to be time-intensive...
There’s something oh-so-soothing about a bowl of creamy...
Our nutritionists have verified that these recipes do not...
Homemade desserts, including piping-hot apple pie, rich...
If you’re searching for an affordable and healthy meal for...
Our healthy lasagna recipes, including classic meat lasagna...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
- Type of Dish
- Sauce/Condiment, savory
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- May/June 1991