Honeyed Rhubarb Chutney
From EatingWell: May/June 1991
Jalapeno peppers add a touch of heat to this sweet-tart rhubarb chutney.
- 8 ounces rhubarb, trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch pieces (2 cups)
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- Pinch of ground cardamom, or ginger
- 1/4 cup water
- Mix rhubarb, onion, honey, raisins, jalapeños, vinegar, garlic, cardamom (or ginger) and water in a medium saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat; reduce heat to low, cover pan and cook for 15 minutes. Uncover and cook until thick, 3 to 5 more minutes.
Per serving: 91 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 24 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 1 g fiber; 4 mg sodium; 202 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1 1/2
Exchanges: 1 other carbohydrate, 1/2 vegetable
More From EatingWell
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
One-pot recipes are the perfect solution for easy weeknight...
Our healthy stir-fry recipes are full of fiber-rich...
Packed with a bounty of nutrients as well as fiber, green...
Store-bought packaged foods can make cooking or baking easier...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
Whether you’re roasting beets, serving them sliced on a salad...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Type of Dish
- Sauce/Condiment, savory
- May/June 1991