Honeyed Rhubarb Chutney
From EatingWell: May/June 1991
Jalapeno peppers add a touch of heat to this sweet-tart rhubarb chutney.
- 8 ounces rhubarb, trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch pieces (2 cups)
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- Pinch of ground cardamom, or ginger
- 1/4 cup water
- Mix rhubarb, onion, honey, raisins, jalapeños, vinegar, garlic, cardamom (or ginger) and water in a medium saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat; reduce heat to low, cover pan and cook for 15 minutes. Uncover and cook until thick, 3 to 5 more minutes.
Per serving: 91 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 24 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 1 g fiber; 4 mg sodium; 202 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1 1/2
Exchanges: 1 other carbohydrate, 1/2 vegetable
More From EatingWell
On a weekend morning, there’s nothing better than a hot stack...
Skip the store-bought candies and make your own! Try our...
Whether you’re vegan or entertaining a vegan guest for...
Thanksgiving dinner isn’t complete without an apple pie or...
The season of decorative holiday cookies is one of the most...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Sweet potato casserole is a traditional Thanksgiving side...
Chicken is always a favorite for anyone looking for a protein...
The tartness of fresh cranberries is a flavorful addition to...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
A piping-hot bowl of soup is a satisfying meal for a cozy...
Our healthy carrot recipes will help you get your fill of...
In just 10 minutes, make a delicious Thanksgiving appetizer...
Don't let muffins fool you: they may sound healthy, but many...
When it’s chilly outside, there’s no better way to warm up...
Wake up with these delicious and healthy recipes for homemade...
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Type of Dish
- Sauce/Condiment, savory
- Ease of Preparation
- May/June 1991