Honeyed Rhubarb Chutney
From EatingWell: May/June 1991
Jalapeno peppers add a touch of heat to this sweet-tart rhubarb chutney.
- 8 ounces rhubarb, trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch pieces (2 cups)
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- Pinch of ground cardamom, or ginger
- 1/4 cup water
- Mix rhubarb, onion, honey, raisins, jalapeños, vinegar, garlic, cardamom (or ginger) and water in a medium saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat; reduce heat to low, cover pan and cook for 15 minutes. Uncover and cook until thick, 3 to 5 more minutes.
Per serving: 91 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 24 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 1 g fiber; 4 mg sodium; 202 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1 1/2
Exchanges: 1 other carbohydrate, 1/2 vegetable
More From EatingWell
Onions are the perfect accompaniment to almost any savory...
Pesto is an easy way to add flavor without tons of extra...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
Coffee is a healthy and flavorful addition to many desserts...
Coconut is a sweet addition to many healthy breakfast recipes...
The health perks of coffee only add to it's appeal for coffee...
If you’re looking for healthier food to enjoy during the...
Lentils are a versatile, budget-friendly and healthy addition...
Pork chops are a versatile and budget-friendly option for...
Apple recipes are a favorite fall fruit, whether you enjoy...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
If you like your food hot—spicy, that is—we've got some...
Mediterranean cuisine is delicious: it’s rich in fruits,...
This Valentine’s Day, stay in with the ones you love and make...
Ring in the Chinese New Year with these healthy Chinese...
From grilled steak to creamy chicken, our quick and healthy...
- Type of Dish
- Sauce/Condiment, savory
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- May/June 1991