Fast and easy to make. Good taste w/o heavy sweetness; nor was it overpowered with the taste of honey. I used whole wheat on my first try. Next I'll try white whole wheat. Also used less salt (by half) than the recipe called for w/o negative impact.
Honey Oat Quick Bread
This honey-oat bread has a pleasant flavor and divinely moist, tender crumb. It requires minimal mixing and cleanup, calls for ingredients usually stocked in the pantry, and is tasty yet healthful.
53 Reviews for Honey Oat Quick Bread
I thought it was lacking a bit in flavor....maybe add some cinnamon next time.
regarding the comment about coconut oil being unhealthy, you are somewhat misinformed....of course REFINED coconut oil is terribly unhealthy, but extra virgin organic coconut oil is the single healthiest oil you can get--even healthier than olive oil! and it actually improves good cholesterol as well as helps promote joint health, digestion, brain function, healthy skin, heart etc. natural health doctors and nutritionist actually recommend daily consumption of a tablespoon per day or more, as a dietary supplement. look it up and you will be pleasantly surprised! :) just be sure it's EXTRA VIRGIN and NOT refined!
I made this to go along with soup and it was excellent! I think I'll use all wheat flour next time and omit the white altogether. Delicious!
Loved this! I subbed applesauce for oil and added raisins. I now make a bread like this every Sunday along with a dozen boiled eggs and my family has access to quick breakfast all week long.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)