Honey-Mustard Turkey Cutlets & Potatoes
From EatingWell: May/June 2008
Potatoes, leeks and turkey burst with intense flavor when roasted with honey, mustard and curry. Serve with: Steamed snow peas and carrots and a glass of white wine.
- 3 medium leeks, white and light green parts only, thinly sliced
- 1 pound Yukon Gold potatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 pound turkey cutlets
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Coat a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Place sliced leeks in a colander; rinse and drain well. Toss the leeks, potatoes, 1 tablespoon oil, 1/4 teaspoon pepper and 1/8 teaspoon salt on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes, stirring once.
- Meanwhile, whisk the remaining 1 tablespoon oil, honey, mustard and curry powder in a small bowl until smooth. Sprinkle both sides of cutlets with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper and 1/8 teaspoon salt.
- Reduce heat to 400°F. Toss the leeks and potatoes with 2 tablespoons of the honey-mustard sauce. Place the cutlets on top of the vegetables and spread the remaining sauce over the cutlets. Return to the oven and bake until the turkey is cooked through and the potatoes are tender, 12 to 15 minutes more.
Per serving: 359 calories; 8 g fat (1 g sat, 4 g mono); 45 mg cholesterol; 43 g carbohydrates; 31 g protein; 3 g fiber; 551 mg sodium; 615 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (50% daily value), Iron & Vitamin A (20% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 3
Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 vegetable, 4 lean meat
More From EatingWell
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
Add these healthy and delicious recipes to your gluten-free...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
When the produce section looks bleak, turn to the freezer....
If you’re craving an easy dessert tonight, we have just what...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
Potassium plays a vital role in keeping your heart healthy...
Go beyond the gin and tonic this summer and mix up cocktails...
In the hot months of summer, cool down with a refreshing and...
Our nonalcoholic drink recipes, or “mocktails,” are festive...
Kick back and enjoy one of our delicious healthy summer punch...
During the busy workweek, these no-cook dinner recipes are...
Quinoa is a superfood that is packed with fiber and protein...
Fresh leeks are a delicious addition to many recipes. These...
Farmers’ markets and gardens are full of fresh and delicious...
Sardines (Pacific, wild-caught) are one of the healthiest...
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- May/June 2008