Honey-Mustard Turkey Cutlets & Potatoes
From EatingWell: May/June 2008
Potatoes, leeks and turkey burst with intense flavor when roasted with honey, mustard and curry. Serve with: Steamed snow peas and carrots and a glass of white wine.
- 3 medium leeks, white and light green parts only, thinly sliced
- 1 pound Yukon Gold potatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 pound turkey cutlets
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Coat a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Place sliced leeks in a colander; rinse and drain well. Toss the leeks, potatoes, 1 tablespoon oil, 1/4 teaspoon pepper and 1/8 teaspoon salt on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes, stirring once.
- Meanwhile, whisk the remaining 1 tablespoon oil, honey, mustard and curry powder in a small bowl until smooth. Sprinkle both sides of cutlets with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper and 1/8 teaspoon salt.
- Reduce heat to 400°F. Toss the leeks and potatoes with 2 tablespoons of the honey-mustard sauce. Place the cutlets on top of the vegetables and spread the remaining sauce over the cutlets. Return to the oven and bake until the turkey is cooked through and the potatoes are tender, 12 to 15 minutes more.
Per serving: 359 calories; 8 g fat (1 g sat, 4 g mono); 45 mg cholesterol; 43 g carbohydrates; 31 g protein; 3 g fiber; 551 mg sodium; 615 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (50% daily value), Iron & Vitamin A (20% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 3
Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 vegetable, 4 lean meat
More From EatingWell
Our healthy sandwich recipes, salad recipes and dip recipes...
If you’re trying to slim down, try adding foods to your diet...
There’s no “magic bullet” for preventing high blood pressure...
Enjoy the world’s healthiest diet with these delicious...
If you’re feeling blue—or want to ward off feeling that way—...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
When you’re trying to slim down, a high-fiber, low-calorie...
Research shows that a compound in chiles, called capsaicin,...
You can still enjoy the delicious summertime flavor of...
Skip the frozen veggie burgers and make your own vegetarian...
Healthy pasta dishes are at the heart of Italian cuisine....
Low-fat cottage cheese is a healthy addition that adds...
Make a delicious Easter brunch or dinner this year with our...
Berries and other spring fruit star in our healthy Easter...
If you’re entertaining this Easter or bringing a dish to...
Make your Passover meal light and healthful with some of our...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- May/June 2008