Honey-Mustard Turkey Cutlets & Potatoes
From EatingWell: May/June 2008
Potatoes, leeks and turkey burst with intense flavor when roasted with honey, mustard and curry. Serve with: Steamed snow peas and carrots and a glass of white wine.
- 3 medium leeks, white and light green parts only, thinly sliced
- 1 pound Yukon Gold potatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 pound turkey cutlets
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Coat a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Place sliced leeks in a colander; rinse and drain well. Toss the leeks, potatoes, 1 tablespoon oil, 1/4 teaspoon pepper and 1/8 teaspoon salt on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes, stirring once.
- Meanwhile, whisk the remaining 1 tablespoon oil, honey, mustard and curry powder in a small bowl until smooth. Sprinkle both sides of cutlets with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper and 1/8 teaspoon salt.
- Reduce heat to 400°F. Toss the leeks and potatoes with 2 tablespoons of the honey-mustard sauce. Place the cutlets on top of the vegetables and spread the remaining sauce over the cutlets. Return to the oven and bake until the turkey is cooked through and the potatoes are tender, 12 to 15 minutes more.
Per serving: 359 calories; 8 g fat (1 g sat, 4 g mono); 45 mg cholesterol; 43 g carbohydrates; 31 g protein; 3 g fiber; 551 mg sodium; 615 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (50% daily value), Iron & Vitamin A (20% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 3
Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 vegetable, 4 lean meat
More From EatingWell
Omega-3 fats are good for your heart and are found in fish...
These healthy sugar-free dessert recipes are a delicious and...
Stir-fries are an easy way to get dinner on the table fast...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
Carbs have gotten a bad rap as a diet no-no, but whole grains...
When you’re trying to lose weight, you don’t need to skimp on...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Baking a cake from scratch doesn’t have to be time-intensive...
There’s something oh-so-soothing about a bowl of creamy...
Our nutritionists have verified that these recipes do not...
Homemade desserts, including piping-hot apple pie, rich...
If you’re searching for an affordable and healthy meal for...
Our healthy lasagna recipes, including classic meat lasagna...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- May/June 2008