Honey-Mustard Turkey Cutlets & Potatoes
From EatingWell: May/June 2008
Potatoes, leeks and turkey burst with intense flavor when roasted with honey, mustard and curry. Serve with: Steamed snow peas and carrots and a glass of white wine.
- 3 medium leeks, white and light green parts only, thinly sliced
- 1 pound Yukon Gold potatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 pound turkey cutlets
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Coat a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Place sliced leeks in a colander; rinse and drain well. Toss the leeks, potatoes, 1 tablespoon oil, 1/4 teaspoon pepper and 1/8 teaspoon salt on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes, stirring once.
- Meanwhile, whisk the remaining 1 tablespoon oil, honey, mustard and curry powder in a small bowl until smooth. Sprinkle both sides of cutlets with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper and 1/8 teaspoon salt.
- Reduce heat to 400°F. Toss the leeks and potatoes with 2 tablespoons of the honey-mustard sauce. Place the cutlets on top of the vegetables and spread the remaining sauce over the cutlets. Return to the oven and bake until the turkey is cooked through and the potatoes are tender, 12 to 15 minutes more.
Per serving: 359 calories; 8 g fat (1 g sat, 4 g mono); 45 mg cholesterol; 43 g carbohydrates; 31 g protein; 3 g fiber; 551 mg sodium; 615 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (50% daily value), Iron & Vitamin A (20% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 3
Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 vegetable, 4 lean meat
More From EatingWell
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
Potato salad is a favorite summer dish, but classic versions...
It’s no wonder that the Mediterranean diet is considered to...
Enjoy the world’s healthiest diet with these delicious...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Berries and fresh summer fruit star in our healthy homemade...
Pork tenderloin is an easy and healthy addition to your...
Our healthy pepper recipes, including recipes for bell...
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
For a quick and healthy dinner, make one of our easy stir-fry...
While nothing quite beats eating quickly boiled or grilled...
From healthy blueberry muffins and blueberry pancakes topped...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- May/June 2008