Honey-Mustard Turkey Burgers
Burgers made with ground turkey are a lean alternative to beef burgers, providing you choose turkey ground from the breast. Regular ground turkey, which is a mixture of light and dark meat and some skin, contains almost as much fat as lean ground beef. A honey-mustard mixture keeps these low-fat patties moist and succulent.
- 1/4 cup coarse-grained mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 pound ground turkey breast
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 4 whole-wheat hamburger rolls, split and toasted
- Lettuce, tomato slices and red onion slices, for garnish
- Prepare a grill.
- Whisk mustard and honey in a small bowl until smooth.
- Combine turkey, 3 tablespoons of the mustard mixture, salt and pepper in a bowl; mix well. Form into four 1-inch-thick burgers.
- Lightly brush the burgers on both sides with oil. Grill until no pink remains in center, 5 to 7 minutes per side. Brush the burgers with the remaining mustard mixture. Serve on rolls with lettuce, tomato and onion slices.
Per serving: 317 calories; 11 g fat (3 g sat, 2 g mono); 65 mg cholesterol; 31 g carbohydrates; 26 g protein; 3 g fiber; 593 mg sodium; 387 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Folate (20% daily value), Iron (20% dv), Calcium (15% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 2 starch, 4 lean meat
More From EatingWell
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
Add these healthy and delicious recipes to your gluten-free...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
When the produce section looks bleak, turn to the freezer....
If you’re craving an easy dessert tonight, we have just what...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
Potassium plays a vital role in keeping your heart healthy...
Go beyond the gin and tonic this summer and mix up cocktails...
In the hot months of summer, cool down with a refreshing and...
Our nonalcoholic drink recipes, or “mocktails,” are festive...
Kick back and enjoy one of our delicious healthy summer punch...
During the busy workweek, these no-cook dinner recipes are...
Quinoa is a superfood that is packed with fiber and protein...
Fresh leeks are a delicious addition to many recipes. These...
Farmers’ markets and gardens are full of fresh and delicious...
Sardines (Pacific, wild-caught) are one of the healthiest...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique