Easy and tasty! We like spicy foods so I usually use hot curry powder and horseradish mustard. I've made with bone-in parts, and with boneless thighs or breasts. Reheats well when I bring it to the office for lunch (and just the smell inspires envy from colleagues) A regular in our rotation! For a pound of boneless breasts or thighs, I use 2/3 of the marinade recipe. I've even used this sauce on tilapia and added panko crumbs on top and baked. Just plain yummy.
From EatingWell: March/April 1996
Honey, mustard and curry powder transfer an ordinary roast chicken into something extraordinary. Make it a meal: Serve with Golden Couscous with Currants and steamed carrots.
3 Reviews for Honey-Mustard Chicken
Made this on a whim and thoroughly enjoyed it. I used 3 lbs of drumsticks and thighs, and (prompted by summerjeter's observation) doubled the amount of sauce. I substituted Dijon mustard for whole-grain (which I don't like) and believe it worked well.
My only drawback was that I did not have Madras curry on hand, and so used a more 'ordinary' version. Though the finished dish was tasty, the prescribed curry powder might have pushed it from good to great.
Very light, easy to make and the chicken was yummy. The sauce did not seem plentiful for 3 pounds of chicken, so I made it with 1.5 pounds of skinless chicken breasts. Because I do not like curry, I substituted with garlic powder. I also used natural spicy honey mustard instead and only a pinch of sea salt because I have to watch my blood pressure. Served my chicken with sweet corn, which complimented the flavor wonderfully. Will add to my list of quick, good recipes.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)