From EatingWell: March/April 1996
Honey, mustard and curry powder transfer an ordinary roast chicken into something extraordinary. Make it a meal: Serve with Golden Couscous with Currants and steamed carrots.
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons grainy mustard
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder, preferably Madras
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 3-pound chicken, skin removed, trimmed and cut into 8 pieces
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil, coat a rack with cooking spray and set it on top.
- Combine honey, mustard, oil, curry powder, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Brush chicken pieces all over with the mustard glaze; set the pieces on the rack.
- Bake, basting occasionally, until the chicken is golden on the outside and no longer pink in the center, about 35 to 40 minutes.
Per serving: 397 calories; 8 g fat (1 g sat, 3 g mono); 158 mg cholesterol; 15 g carbohydrates; 64 g protein; 1 g fiber; 699 mg sodium; 735 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (70% daily value), Potassium (21% dv), Magnesium (20% dv), Zinc (15% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 other carbohydrate, 9 very lean meat, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
Add these healthy and delicious recipes to your gluten-free...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
When the produce section looks bleak, turn to the freezer....
If you’re craving an easy dessert tonight, we have just what...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
Potassium plays a vital role in keeping your heart healthy...
Go beyond the gin and tonic this summer and mix up cocktails...
In the hot months of summer, cool down with a refreshing and...
Our nonalcoholic drink recipes, or “mocktails,” are festive...
Kick back and enjoy one of our delicious healthy summer punch...
During the busy workweek, these no-cook dinner recipes are...
Quinoa is a superfood that is packed with fiber and protein...
Fresh leeks are a delicious addition to many recipes. These...
Farmers’ markets and gardens are full of fresh and delicious...
Sardines (Pacific, wild-caught) are one of the healthiest...
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, poultry
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- March/April 1996