From EatingWell: March/April 1996
Honey, mustard and curry powder transfer an ordinary roast chicken into something extraordinary. Make it a meal: Serve with Golden Couscous with Currants and steamed carrots.
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons grainy mustard
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder, preferably Madras
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 3-pound chicken, skin removed, trimmed and cut into 8 pieces
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil, coat a rack with cooking spray and set it on top.
- Combine honey, mustard, oil, curry powder, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Brush chicken pieces all over with the mustard glaze; set the pieces on the rack.
- Bake, basting occasionally, until the chicken is golden on the outside and no longer pink in the center, about 35 to 40 minutes.
Per serving: 397 calories; 8 g fat (1 g sat, 3 g mono); 158 mg cholesterol; 15 g carbohydrates; 64 g protein; 1 g fiber; 699 mg sodium; 735 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (70% daily value), Potassium (21% dv), Magnesium (20% dv), Zinc (15% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 other carbohydrate, 9 very lean meat, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
Boneless chicken thighs can take plenty of cooking without...
An outstanding salad dressing can take your salad from ho-hum...Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Who says entertaining has to be reserved for the weekend only...
Peanut butter is a healthy ingredient and more versatile than...
If you’re watching your sodium intake, these low-sodium snack...
When it comes to making healthy slow cooker chicken recipes,...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
When you’re watching your diet, snacking healthfully can keep...
Snacking (done right) can be a healthy way to curb your...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Pasta is a favorite comfort food—it’s quick, easy to cook and...
When the temperature drops and the days get shorter, there's...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
Low-fat cottage cheese is a healthy addition that adds...
Pass on store-bought snacks that are loaded with fat and...
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, poultry
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- March/April 1996