From EatingWell: March/April 1996
Honey, mustard and curry powder transfer an ordinary roast chicken into something extraordinary. Make it a meal: Serve with Golden Couscous with Currants and steamed carrots.
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons grainy mustard
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder, preferably Madras
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 3-pound chicken, skin removed, trimmed and cut into 8 pieces
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil, coat a rack with cooking spray and set it on top.
- Combine honey, mustard, oil, curry powder, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Brush chicken pieces all over with the mustard glaze; set the pieces on the rack.
- Bake, basting occasionally, until the chicken is golden on the outside and no longer pink in the center, about 35 to 40 minutes.
Per serving: 397 calories; 8 g fat (1 g sat, 3 g mono); 158 mg cholesterol; 15 g carbohydrates; 64 g protein; 1 g fiber; 699 mg sodium; 735 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (70% daily value), Potassium (21% dv), Magnesium (20% dv), Zinc (15% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 other carbohydrate, 9 very lean meat, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
Potato salad is a favorite summer dish, but classic versions...
It’s no wonder that the Mediterranean diet is considered to...
Enjoy the world’s healthiest diet with these delicious...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Berries and fresh summer fruit star in our healthy homemade...
Pork tenderloin is an easy and healthy addition to your...
Our healthy pepper recipes, including recipes for bell...
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
For a quick and healthy dinner, make one of our easy stir-fry...
While nothing quite beats eating quickly boiled or grilled...
From healthy blueberry muffins and blueberry pancakes topped...
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, poultry
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- March/April 1996