From EatingWell: March/April 1996
Honey, mustard and curry powder transfer an ordinary roast chicken into something extraordinary. Make it a meal: Serve with Golden Couscous with Currants and steamed carrots.
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons grainy mustard
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder, preferably Madras
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 3-pound chicken, skin removed, trimmed and cut into 8 pieces
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil, coat a rack with cooking spray and set it on top.
- Combine honey, mustard, oil, curry powder, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Brush chicken pieces all over with the mustard glaze; set the pieces on the rack.
- Bake, basting occasionally, until the chicken is golden on the outside and no longer pink in the center, about 35 to 40 minutes.
Per serving: 397 calories; 8 g fat (1 g sat, 3 g mono); 158 mg cholesterol; 15 g carbohydrates; 64 g protein; 1 g fiber; 699 mg sodium; 735 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (70% daily value), Potassium (21% dv), Magnesium (20% dv), Zinc (15% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 other carbohydrate, 9 very lean meat, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...Icebox pies are an easy and popular summer dessert, yet they're...Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Turkey sausage is a healthy, leaner alternative to...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, poultry
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- March/April 1996
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)