From EatingWell: March/April 1996
Honey, mustard and curry powder transfer an ordinary roast chicken into something extraordinary. Make it a meal: Serve with Golden Couscous with Currants and steamed carrots.
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons grainy mustard
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder, preferably Madras
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 3-pound chicken, skin removed, trimmed and cut into 8 pieces
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil, coat a rack with cooking spray and set it on top.
- Combine honey, mustard, oil, curry powder, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Brush chicken pieces all over with the mustard glaze; set the pieces on the rack.
- Bake, basting occasionally, until the chicken is golden on the outside and no longer pink in the center, about 35 to 40 minutes.
Per serving: 397 calories; 8 g fat (1 g sat, 3 g mono); 158 mg cholesterol; 15 g carbohydrates; 64 g protein; 1 g fiber; 699 mg sodium; 735 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (70% daily value), Potassium (21% dv), Magnesium (20% dv), Zinc (15% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 other carbohydrate, 9 very lean meat, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
If you're looking for an easy, healthy meal idea for dinner...
Whether you’re celebrating Cinco de Mayo or throwing a...
Few things are closer to perfection than the first sweet...
Trying to clean up your diet? These low-calorie recipes are...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
This Memorial Day, throw a barbecue or picnic with these...
Try making a healthy summer dip recipe or summer salsa recipe...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Barbecue sauce, rubs and marinades are easy, healthy ways to...
Everyone loves a good, juicy burger recipe! But hamburgers...
As delicious as eating healthy can be, we all still crave our...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, poultry
- March/April 1996