Honey-Glazed Cinnamon Doughnuts
These cinnamon donuts are baked in mini-Bundt cake pans.
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons plus 3/4 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup dark molasses
- 3 large egg whites
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Approximately 1 tablespoon hot water
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Thoroughly coat the molds of 2 mini-Bundt pans with cooking spray. Sprinkle molds evenly with 2 tablespoons granulated sugar, tapping out the excess. (If you only have 1 pan, bake the recipe in 2 batches.)
- Whisk flour, the remaining 3/4 cup granulated sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large mixing bowl. Make a well in the dry ingredients and set aside. Whisk buttermilk, molasses, egg whites and oil in another bowl. Fold the buttermilk mixture into the dry ingredients with a rubber spatula just until blended.
- Spoon about 2 generous tablespoons of batter into each prepared mold, smoothing the surfaces. Bake until the tops spring back when touched lightly, 8 to 10 minutes. Loosen edges and turn the doughnuts out onto a wire rack to cool. (If baking in 2 batches, cool the pan, clean it, then recoat it with cooking spray or oil and sugar.)
- Whisk confectioners’ sugar and honey in a bowl with enough hot water to make a smooth, thick glaze. When the doughnuts are completely cool, set them, fluted-side up, on a wire rack over wax paper. Spoon some glaze over each doughnut, letting it drip down the sides. (Alternatively, dip the doughnuts in glaze.)
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Equipment: 2 mini-Bundt pans
Per serving: 271 calories; 4 g fat (0 g sat, 2 g mono); 1 mg cholesterol; 58 g carbohydrates; 3 g protein; 1 g fiber; 233 mg sodium; 318 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Iron (17% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 4
Exchanges: 4 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
Potato salad is a favorite summer dish, but classic versions...
It’s no wonder that the Mediterranean diet is considered to...
Enjoy the world’s healthiest diet with these delicious...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Berries and fresh summer fruit star in our healthy homemade...
Pork tenderloin is an easy and healthy addition to your...
Our healthy pepper recipes, including recipes for bell...
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
For a quick and healthy dinner, make one of our easy stir-fry...
While nothing quite beats eating quickly boiled or grilled...
From healthy blueberry muffins and blueberry pancakes topped...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique