Honey-Glazed Cinnamon Doughnuts
These cinnamon donuts are baked in mini-Bundt cake pans.
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons plus 3/4 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup dark molasses
- 3 large egg whites
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Approximately 1 tablespoon hot water
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Thoroughly coat the molds of 2 mini-Bundt pans with cooking spray. Sprinkle molds evenly with 2 tablespoons granulated sugar, tapping out the excess. (If you only have 1 pan, bake the recipe in 2 batches.)
- Whisk flour, the remaining 3/4 cup granulated sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large mixing bowl. Make a well in the dry ingredients and set aside. Whisk buttermilk, molasses, egg whites and oil in another bowl. Fold the buttermilk mixture into the dry ingredients with a rubber spatula just until blended.
- Spoon about 2 generous tablespoons of batter into each prepared mold, smoothing the surfaces. Bake until the tops spring back when touched lightly, 8 to 10 minutes. Loosen edges and turn the doughnuts out onto a wire rack to cool. (If baking in 2 batches, cool the pan, clean it, then recoat it with cooking spray or oil and sugar.)
- Whisk confectioners’ sugar and honey in a bowl with enough hot water to make a smooth, thick glaze. When the doughnuts are completely cool, set them, fluted-side up, on a wire rack over wax paper. Spoon some glaze over each doughnut, letting it drip down the sides. (Alternatively, dip the doughnuts in glaze.)
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Equipment: 2 mini-Bundt pans
Per serving: 271 calories; 4 g fat (0 g sat, 2 g mono); 1 mg cholesterol; 58 g carbohydrates; 3 g protein; 1 g fiber; 233 mg sodium; 318 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Iron (17% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 4
Exchanges: 4 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
Omega-3 fats are good for your heart and are found in fish...
These healthy sugar-free dessert recipes are a delicious and...
Stir-fries are an easy way to get dinner on the table fast...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
Carbs have gotten a bad rap as a diet no-no, but whole grains...
When you’re trying to lose weight, you don’t need to skimp on...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Baking a cake from scratch doesn’t have to be time-intensive...
There’s something oh-so-soothing about a bowl of creamy...
Our nutritionists have verified that these recipes do not...
Homemade desserts, including piping-hot apple pie, rich...
If you’re searching for an affordable and healthy meal for...
Our healthy lasagna recipes, including classic meat lasagna...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique