Honey-Glazed Cinnamon Doughnuts
These cinnamon donuts are baked in mini-Bundt cake pans.
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons plus 3/4 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup dark molasses
- 3 large egg whites
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Approximately 1 tablespoon hot water
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Thoroughly coat the molds of 2 mini-Bundt pans with cooking spray. Sprinkle molds evenly with 2 tablespoons granulated sugar, tapping out the excess. (If you only have 1 pan, bake the recipe in 2 batches.)
- Whisk flour, the remaining 3/4 cup granulated sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large mixing bowl. Make a well in the dry ingredients and set aside. Whisk buttermilk, molasses, egg whites and oil in another bowl. Fold the buttermilk mixture into the dry ingredients with a rubber spatula just until blended.
- Spoon about 2 generous tablespoons of batter into each prepared mold, smoothing the surfaces. Bake until the tops spring back when touched lightly, 8 to 10 minutes. Loosen edges and turn the doughnuts out onto a wire rack to cool. (If baking in 2 batches, cool the pan, clean it, then recoat it with cooking spray or oil and sugar.)
- Whisk confectioners’ sugar and honey in a bowl with enough hot water to make a smooth, thick glaze. When the doughnuts are completely cool, set them, fluted-side up, on a wire rack over wax paper. Spoon some glaze over each doughnut, letting it drip down the sides. (Alternatively, dip the doughnuts in glaze.)
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Equipment: 2 mini-Bundt pans
Per serving: 271 calories; 4 g fat (0 g sat, 2 g mono); 1 mg cholesterol; 58 g carbohydrates; 3 g protein; 1 g fiber; 233 mg sodium; 318 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Iron (17% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 4
Exchanges: 4 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
These healthy fruit bars are the perfect snack to put in your...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...This collection of healthy potluck recipes is full of crowd-...These healthy bean salad recipes bring fresh summery life to the...
Brownies and blondies are crowd-pleasing desserts for any...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
A tall glass of iced tea on a hot day is refreshing, and it...
If you’re in a rush and thinking about skipping breakfast,...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Spinach might have made Popeye strong, but what he probably...
There’s no better way to celebrate Mother’s Day than by...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Save your waistline and your wallet with these quick and...
Our breakfast casserole recipes are a satisfying way to start...
We love Mexican meals, but often the differences between...
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- Ease of Preparation