Honey-Glazed Cinnamon Doughnuts
These cinnamon donuts are baked in mini-Bundt cake pans.
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons plus 3/4 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup dark molasses
- 3 large egg whites
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Approximately 1 tablespoon hot water
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Thoroughly coat the molds of 2 mini-Bundt pans with cooking spray. Sprinkle molds evenly with 2 tablespoons granulated sugar, tapping out the excess. (If you only have 1 pan, bake the recipe in 2 batches.)
- Whisk flour, the remaining 3/4 cup granulated sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large mixing bowl. Make a well in the dry ingredients and set aside. Whisk buttermilk, molasses, egg whites and oil in another bowl. Fold the buttermilk mixture into the dry ingredients with a rubber spatula just until blended.
- Spoon about 2 generous tablespoons of batter into each prepared mold, smoothing the surfaces. Bake until the tops spring back when touched lightly, 8 to 10 minutes. Loosen edges and turn the doughnuts out onto a wire rack to cool. (If baking in 2 batches, cool the pan, clean it, then recoat it with cooking spray or oil and sugar.)
- Whisk confectioners’ sugar and honey in a bowl with enough hot water to make a smooth, thick glaze. When the doughnuts are completely cool, set them, fluted-side up, on a wire rack over wax paper. Spoon some glaze over each doughnut, letting it drip down the sides. (Alternatively, dip the doughnuts in glaze.)
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Equipment: 2 mini-Bundt pans
Per serving: 271 calories; 4 g fat (0 g sat, 2 g mono); 1 mg cholesterol; 58 g carbohydrates; 3 g protein; 1 g fiber; 233 mg sodium; 318 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Iron (17% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 4
Exchanges: 4 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
Onions are the perfect accompaniment to almost any savory...
Pesto is an easy way to add flavor without tons of extra...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
Coffee is a healthy and flavorful addition to many desserts...
Coconut is a sweet addition to many healthy breakfast recipes...
The health perks of coffee only add to it's appeal for coffee...
If you’re looking for healthier food to enjoy during the...
Lentils are a versatile, budget-friendly and healthy addition...
Pork chops are a versatile and budget-friendly option for...
Apple recipes are a favorite fall fruit, whether you enjoy...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
If you like your food hot—spicy, that is—we've got some...
Mediterranean cuisine is delicious: it’s rich in fruits,...
This Valentine’s Day, stay in with the ones you love and make...
Ring in the Chinese New Year with these healthy Chinese...
From grilled steak to creamy chicken, our quick and healthy...
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- Ease of Preparation