This was a great meal and was an instant favorite in my house! I doubled the sauce as suggested and added garlic and green onion to the sitrfry when the ginger went in. I'm sure these modifications made a huge difference in the flavor of the meal. The grocery store had a sale on top sirloin, so I also used that instead.
Hoisin Beef & Edamame Noodles
From EatingWell: January/February 2007
Sweet hoisin sauce and tangy lime juice balance perfectly in this quick, colorful, Asian-inspired noodle dish. Make it a meal: Dress a cucumber salad with toasted sesame oil and lime juice and enjoy a cup of jasmine green tea.
10 Reviews for Hoisin Beef & Edamame Noodles
I didn't care for this dish, but I am reviewing the dish with changes per other reviewers' suggestions. I do not agree that doubling the sauce is a good idea. I followed that recommendation, and the sauce completely overwhelmed the dish. I also don't agree with using a heavier noodle, as whole wheat spaghetti noodles seemed too heavy to me. If I were to make this again, I'd try pouring the meat mixture over rice instead of noodles and I'd add bok choy or spinach, but there are much better recipes on Eating Well so I probably will pass on a second try here.
This was a bit flavorless. Also, slicing up the steak was a pain. If I were to make it again, I would definitely take the advice to double the sauce.
I loved this reciepe. My kids were a little scared of it at first because it didn't smell like the food at the chineese buffet. After they tried a bite they loved it. I will make this again.
Tastes great and very simple to make. My dad liked it so much he asked me to make it for his next visit.
Claire, Arlington, VA
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)