Hibiscus-Pomegranate Iced Tea
From EatingWell: July/August 2009
This herbal iced tea blends sour, berry-flavored hibiscus tea with sweet pomegranate juice.
- 1/4 cup loose hibiscus tea, or 12 herbal tea bags that contain hibiscus
- 4 cups boiling water
- 1 cup pomegranate juice or nectar
- 4 cups cold water
- Lemon wedges, for garnish
- Steep loose tea (or tea bags) in boiling water for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Strain the tea (or remove tea bags) and pour into a large pitcher. Stir in pomegranate juice (or nectar) and cold water. Refrigerate until chilled, about 2 hours. Serve over ice with lemon wedges, if desired.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Refrigerate for up to 1 week.
Per serving: 19 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 5 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 0 g protein; 0 g fiber; 8 mg sodium; 25 mg potassium.
Exchanges: Free food
More From EatingWell
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
Eating meatless at least once a week has a host of health...
If you're looking for an easy, healthy meal idea for dinner...
These healthy vegan recipes take you on a virtual trip around...
- Quick (total 30 min. or less)
- Type of Dish
- Beverages, nonalcoholic
- Ease of Preparation
- July/August 2009
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)