This is a lovely soup, one that I've made over and over. I make it with whatever veg I have in the fridge and have used different cheeses as well. I prefer it with the dill, and I use a LOT more than called for, but that's the only change I've made. Family loves it.
Herbed Zucchini Soup
This is one of the few soups that make the cut in summer. Serve it chilled to take the edge off a hot August night.
4 Reviews for Herbed Zucchini Soup
I used dried tarragon and it was a bit overpowering. Would reduce qty. or try dill next time.
Loved it! It's really easy to make and tastes great - and is freezable, too. I make it every now and again, it's a perfect choice for lunch.
I used frash tarragon instead of dill. The only adjustments I made were to add minced garlic, and I used 2 zucchini and 1 squash. I was surprised at how much flavor this had. I'm eating it now for lunch and it's so delicious with whole wheat pita bread dipped in it. I think next time I'll use fresh dill for a change, and I'll add fresh diced tomatoes and about a 1/2 cup of corn. I think it needs a little more texture. The flavor is really quite good, though!
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- 5 “bad” foods you should be eating (331 comments)
- The #1 food you should eat (and probably don't) (211 comments)
- 3 reasons you should snack on popcorn (124 comments)
- How to pickle anything (no canning necessary) (119 comments)
- 3 reasons you should reach for canola oil when you’re cooking (102 comments)
- What’s Fresh: Is corn healthy or not? (99 comments)
- The best breakfast foods for weight loss (78 comments)
- Is Coconut Oil Healthier Than Butter? (76 comments)
- How to make a healthy smoothie: best smoothie ingredients & 10 to ditch (75 comments)
- Trying to save money? 15 foods you don’t need to buy organic (72 comments)