Herbed Yogurt Cheese
From EatingWell: November/December 1992
Serve this delicious cheese spread on crostini. Remember to start draining the yogurt the day before blending the cheese.
- 2 cups yogurt cheese, (see Tip)
- 2 scallions, trimmed and minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, plus additional leaves for garnish
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil, or 1/2 teaspoon dried
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Blend together yogurt cheese, scallions, parsley, basil, garlic, salt and pepper with a wooden spoon in a medium bowl. Garnish with parsley leaves and serve.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
- Tip: To make 2 cups of yogurt cheese, line a colander with a large cotton towel or double thickness of cheesecloth, and place the colander in the sink. Pour in 6 cups low-fat yogurt. After 15 minutes, transfer the colander to a bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 24 hours or overnight. Gathering the edges of the towel together, gently squeeze out any remaining liquid. Transfer the yogurt cheese to a separate container. Refrigerate until ready to use. Keeps 1 week.
Per serving: 20 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 1 mg cholesterol; 4 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 2 g protein; 0 g fiber; 62 mg sodium; 6 mg potassium.
Exchanges: Free Food
More From EatingWell
Omega-3 fats are good for your heart and are found in fish...
These healthy sugar-free dessert recipes are a delicious and...
Stir-fries are an easy way to get dinner on the table fast...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
Carbs have gotten a bad rap as a diet no-no, but whole grains...
When you’re trying to lose weight, you don’t need to skimp on...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Baking a cake from scratch doesn’t have to be time-intensive...
There’s something oh-so-soothing about a bowl of creamy...
Our nutritionists have verified that these recipes do not...
Homemade desserts, including piping-hot apple pie, rich...
If you’re searching for an affordable and healthy meal for...
Our healthy lasagna recipes, including classic meat lasagna...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
- Type of Dish
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- November/December 1992