Herbed Yogurt Cheese
From EatingWell: November/December 1992
Serve this delicious cheese spread on crostini. Remember to start draining the yogurt the day before blending the cheese.
- 2 cups yogurt cheese, (see Tip)
- 2 scallions, trimmed and minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, plus additional leaves for garnish
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil, or 1/2 teaspoon dried
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Blend together yogurt cheese, scallions, parsley, basil, garlic, salt and pepper with a wooden spoon in a medium bowl. Garnish with parsley leaves and serve.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
- Tip: To make 2 cups of yogurt cheese, line a colander with a large cotton towel or double thickness of cheesecloth, and place the colander in the sink. Pour in 6 cups low-fat yogurt. After 15 minutes, transfer the colander to a bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 24 hours or overnight. Gathering the edges of the towel together, gently squeeze out any remaining liquid. Transfer the yogurt cheese to a separate container. Refrigerate until ready to use. Keeps 1 week.
Per serving: 20 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 1 mg cholesterol; 4 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 2 g protein; 0 g fiber; 62 mg sodium; 6 mg potassium.
Exchanges: Free Food
More From EatingWell
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
One-pot recipes are the perfect solution for easy weeknight...
Our healthy stir-fry recipes are full of fiber-rich...
Packed with a bounty of nutrients as well as fiber, green...
Store-bought packaged foods can make cooking or baking easier...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
Whether you’re roasting beets, serving them sliced on a salad...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
- Type of Dish
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- November/December 1992