Herbed Yogurt Cheese
From EatingWell: November/December 1992
Serve this delicious cheese spread on crostini. Remember to start draining the yogurt the day before blending the cheese.
- 2 cups yogurt cheese, (see Tip)
- 2 scallions, trimmed and minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, plus additional leaves for garnish
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil, or 1/2 teaspoon dried
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Blend together yogurt cheese, scallions, parsley, basil, garlic, salt and pepper with a wooden spoon in a medium bowl. Garnish with parsley leaves and serve.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
- Tip: To make 2 cups of yogurt cheese, line a colander with a large cotton towel or double thickness of cheesecloth, and place the colander in the sink. Pour in 6 cups low-fat yogurt. After 15 minutes, transfer the colander to a bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 24 hours or overnight. Gathering the edges of the towel together, gently squeeze out any remaining liquid. Transfer the yogurt cheese to a separate container. Refrigerate until ready to use. Keeps 1 week.
Per serving: 20 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 1 mg cholesterol; 4 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 2 g protein; 0 g fiber; 62 mg sodium; 6 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 0
Exchanges: Free Food
More From EatingWell
These healthy fruit bars are the perfect snack to put in your...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...This collection of healthy potluck recipes is full of crowd-...These healthy bean salad recipes bring fresh summery life to the...
Brownies and blondies are crowd-pleasing desserts for any...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
A tall glass of iced tea on a hot day is refreshing, and it...
If you’re in a rush and thinking about skipping breakfast,...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Spinach might have made Popeye strong, but what he probably...
There’s no better way to celebrate Mother’s Day than by...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Save your waistline and your wallet with these quick and...
Our breakfast casserole recipes are a satisfying way to start...
We love Mexican meals, but often the differences between...
- Type of Dish
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- November/December 1992