Oh, my goodness! This was absolutely delicious! I usually will make adjustments to recipes based on my family's likes/dislikes/allergies, but this one was perfect just as it is. Everyone loved it, and the chicken stayed moist. The only thing I did differently was to leave the marinade on the chicken rather than scrape it off before grilling. This made the grill a little messy, but I think the chicken soaked up just a little more flavor out of the salsa that stuck to it. Will definitely be making this one again! (Served with Summer Tomato, Onion, and Cucumber Salad).
Herbed Salsa with Grilled Chicken
From EatingWell: July/August 2011
This fresh tomato salsa, which doubles as a marinade for grilled chicken, is packed with flavor from lots of fresh oregano, chives and cilantro. The salsa would also pair wonderfully with just about any meat, fish or tofu. Serve the chicken and salsa with beans and brown rice or over greens for a colorful salad. Recipe by Nancy Baggett for EatingWell.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)