Herbed Roasted Potatoes
From EatingWell: January/February 1999
Add any leftover fresh herbs to potatoes before roasting for added flavor.
- 2 pounds russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch chunks
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs, such as parsley or dill
- Preheat oven to 450&ordm;F and place a rack in the upper third of the oven.
- Toss potatoes in a large roasting pan with oil, salt and pepper.
- Roast potatoes, turning occasionally with a metal spatula, until golden brown and tender, 30 to 35 minutes. Toss with herbs and serve.
Per serving: 141 calories; 2 g fat (0 g sat, 2 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 27 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 3 g protein; 2 g fiber; 202 mg sodium; 637 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Potassium (18% daily value), Vitamin C (17% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 2 starch, 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
When you need a little pick-me up, skip the sugar-laden energy...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Few things are more satisfying on a chilly night than a...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Baked potatoes are the perfect accompaniment to your favorite...
These quick dinner recipes are tastier, healthier versions of...
A great salad deserves a great dressing. So we've created...
These delicious slim-down dinners all clock in at just 400...
Spaghetti squash is the ultimate pasta impostor: it is a...
These spicy recipes are packed with flavor and metabolism-...
The DASH diet (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) may...
Weeknight meals are made easy with these 20-minute, low-...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
When you surround yourself with healthy and delicious food,...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
- Type of Dish
- Side dish, potato/starch
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- Preparation/ Technique
- January/February 1999