Herbed Roasted Potatoes
From EatingWell: January/February 1999
Add any leftover fresh herbs to potatoes before roasting for added flavor.
- 2 pounds russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch chunks
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs, such as parsley or dill
- Preheat oven to 450&ordm;F and place a rack in the upper third of the oven.
- Toss potatoes in a large roasting pan with oil, salt and pepper.
- Roast potatoes, turning occasionally with a metal spatula, until golden brown and tender, 30 to 35 minutes. Toss with herbs and serve.
Per serving: 141 calories; 2 g fat (0 g sat, 2 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 27 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 3 g protein; 2 g fiber; 202 mg sodium; 637 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Potassium (18% daily value), Vitamin C (17% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 2 starch, 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
Add these healthy and delicious recipes to your gluten-free...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
When the produce section looks bleak, turn to the freezer....
If you’re craving an easy dessert tonight, we have just what...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
Potassium plays a vital role in keeping your heart healthy...
Go beyond the gin and tonic this summer and mix up cocktails...
In the hot months of summer, cool down with a refreshing and...
Our nonalcoholic drink recipes, or “mocktails,” are festive...
Kick back and enjoy one of our delicious healthy summer punch...
During the busy workweek, these no-cook dinner recipes are...
Quinoa is a superfood that is packed with fiber and protein...
Fresh leeks are a delicious addition to many recipes. These...
Farmers’ markets and gardens are full of fresh and delicious...
Sardines (Pacific, wild-caught) are one of the healthiest...
- Type of Dish
- Side dish, potato/starch
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- Preparation/ Technique
- January/February 1999