Herbed Potato Salad
Fresh parsley and dill add depth to this creamy potato salad.
- 1 1/2 pounds red or Yukon Gold potatoes, scrubbed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sherry or white-wine vinegar
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill, (optional)
- Cover potatoes with cold water in a medium saucepan and add salt. Bring to a boil and cook over medium heat until tender, 7 to 9 minutes. Drain in a colander and transfer to a large bowl. Toss with vinegar and season generously with pepper. Set the potatoes aside to cool.
- Whisk together yogurt, mayonnaise and mustard in a small bowl. Add the dressing to the reserved potatoes along with celery, scallions, parsley and dill, if using, stirring gently to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
Per serving: 163 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 33 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 4 g protein; 3 g fiber; 288 mg sodium; 981 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Potassium (28% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 2 starch
More From EatingWell
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
Eating meatless at least once a week has a host of health...
If you're looking for an easy, healthy meal idea for dinner...
These healthy vegan recipes take you on a virtual trip around...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less