Herbed Lamb Chops with Greek Couscous Salad
Lamb loin chops are a healthy alternative to the more popular and more fatty lamb shoulder chops. The loin chops have quite enough flavor to stand up to this herbaceous couscous.
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 pounds lamb loin chops, (about 8), trimmed of fat
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat couscous
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh dill
- Put water on to boil in a medium saucepan.
- Combine garlic, parsley and salt in a small bowl. Press the garlic mixture into both sides of lamb chops. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the lamb chops and cook to desired doneness, 5 to 6 minutes per side for medium. Keep warm.
- Meanwhile, stir couscous into the boiling water. Return to a boil, reduce heat to a low simmer, cover and cook for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and let stand, covered, for 5 minutes; fluff with a fork. Transfer to a medium bowl. Add tomatoes, cucumber, feta, lemon juice and dill. Stir to combine. Serve the couscous with the lamb chops.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate the salad (Step 3) for 1 day.
Per serving: 333 calories; 14 g fat (6 g sat, 5 g mono); 121 mg cholesterol; 18 g carbohydrates; 36 g protein; 3 g fiber; 386 mg sodium; 442 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (43% daily value), Iron (17% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 2 vegetable, 4 lean meat
More From EatingWell
On a weekend morning, there’s nothing better than a hot stack...
Skip the store-bought candies and make your own! Try our...
Whether you’re vegan or entertaining a vegan guest for...
Thanksgiving dinner isn’t complete without an apple pie or...
The season of decorative holiday cookies is one of the most...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Sweet potato casserole is a traditional Thanksgiving side...
Chicken is always a favorite for anyone looking for a protein...
The tartness of fresh cranberries is a flavorful addition to...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
A piping-hot bowl of soup is a satisfying meal for a cozy...
Our healthy carrot recipes will help you get your fill of...
In just 10 minutes, make a delicious Thanksgiving appetizer...
Don't let muffins fool you: they may sound healthy, but many...
When it’s chilly outside, there’s no better way to warm up...
Wake up with these delicious and healthy recipes for homemade...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique