Herbed Lamb Chops with Greek Couscous Salad
Lamb loin chops are a healthy alternative to the more popular and more fatty lamb shoulder chops. The loin chops have quite enough flavor to stand up to this herbaceous couscous.
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 pounds lamb loin chops, (about 8), trimmed of fat
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat couscous
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh dill
- Put water on to boil in a medium saucepan.
- Combine garlic, parsley and salt in a small bowl. Press the garlic mixture into both sides of lamb chops. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the lamb chops and cook to desired doneness, 5 to 6 minutes per side for medium. Keep warm.
- Meanwhile, stir couscous into the boiling water. Return to a boil, reduce heat to a low simmer, cover and cook for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and let stand, covered, for 5 minutes; fluff with a fork. Transfer to a medium bowl. Add tomatoes, cucumber, feta, lemon juice and dill. Stir to combine. Serve the couscous with the lamb chops.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate the salad (Step 3) for 1 day.
Per serving: 333 calories; 14 g fat (6 g sat, 5 g mono); 121 mg cholesterol; 18 g carbohydrates; 36 g protein; 3 g fiber; 386 mg sodium; 442 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (43% daily value), Iron (17% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 2 vegetable, 4 lean meat
More From EatingWell
Our easy holiday appetizer recipes are great for a holiday...
Citrus fruit, such as grapefruit, lemons, limes and oranges,...
Kale and other dark leafy greens are a flavorful, vitamin-...
Making a quick and healthy dinner when you really pressed for...
A piping hot bowl of soup is the ultimate comfort food during...
Decadent cream-based soups are typically loaded with...
Enjoy seasonal fresh fruit even in winter with these healthy...
Winter salads can taste like a refreshing start to those...
Save money on food during the holiday season but still eat...
Pasta is a favorite comfort food—it’s quick, easy to cook and...
Picture this: You arrive home tired and frazzled, and the...
Our gluten-free cookie recipes are a healthy and delicious...
Whether you’re making Christmas cookies for your annual...
End your holiday meal on a sweet note with our healthy...
Spend more time with friends and family and less time in the...
Our festive holiday cocktails, including healthy recipes for...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique