Herbed Lamb Chops with Greek Couscous Salad
Lamb loin chops are a healthy alternative to the more popular and more fatty lamb shoulder chops. The loin chops have quite enough flavor to stand up to this herbaceous couscous.
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 pounds lamb loin chops, (about 8), trimmed of fat
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat couscous
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh dill
- Put water on to boil in a medium saucepan.
- Combine garlic, parsley and salt in a small bowl. Press the garlic mixture into both sides of lamb chops. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the lamb chops and cook to desired doneness, 5 to 6 minutes per side for medium. Keep warm.
- Meanwhile, stir couscous into the boiling water. Return to a boil, reduce heat to a low simmer, cover and cook for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and let stand, covered, for 5 minutes; fluff with a fork. Transfer to a medium bowl. Add tomatoes, cucumber, feta, lemon juice and dill. Stir to combine. Serve the couscous with the lamb chops.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate the salad (Step 3) for 1 day.
Per serving: 333 calories; 14 g fat (6 g sat, 5 g mono); 121 mg cholesterol; 18 g carbohydrates; 36 g protein; 3 g fiber; 386 mg sodium; 442 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (43% daily value), Iron (17% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 2 vegetable, 4 lean meat
More From EatingWell
If planning out quick and healthy meals for your family is a...
Adding lean protein, such as chicken, turkey, lean beef, low-...
Canned tuna is a quick, healthy and delicious option for...
Wraps are a delicious and healthy alternative to standard...
From grilled steak to creamy chicken, our quick and healthy...
If you’re trying to cut back on carbs or are following a low-...
Asparagus, rhubarb, peas, artichokes, beets, carrots and more...
Take advantage of all of the spring’s fresh produce with our...
Quinoa is a superfood that is packed with fiber and protein...
Healthy scones are as easy to make as a quick bread and these...
Turkish, Lebanese and other Middle Eastern flavors star in...The easiest way to make your chicken sing—punch it up with fresh...
Our healthy lemon recipes are bursting with the bright,...
Preventing heart disease through diet is made easier with our...
Instead of going out for date night, stay in and cook a...
One-pot meals are great, but they often serve a crowd. These...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique