Herbed Lamb Chops with Greek Couscous Salad
Lamb loin chops are a healthy alternative to the more popular and more fatty lamb shoulder chops. The loin chops have quite enough flavor to stand up to this herbaceous couscous.
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 pounds lamb loin chops, (about 8), trimmed of fat
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat couscous
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh dill
- Put water on to boil in a medium saucepan.
- Combine garlic, parsley and salt in a small bowl. Press the garlic mixture into both sides of lamb chops. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the lamb chops and cook to desired doneness, 5 to 6 minutes per side for medium. Keep warm.
- Meanwhile, stir couscous into the boiling water. Return to a boil, reduce heat to a low simmer, cover and cook for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and let stand, covered, for 5 minutes; fluff with a fork. Transfer to a medium bowl. Add tomatoes, cucumber, feta, lemon juice and dill. Stir to combine. Serve the couscous with the lamb chops.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate the salad (Step 3) for 1 day.
Per serving: 333 calories; 14 g fat (6 g sat, 5 g mono); 121 mg cholesterol; 18 g carbohydrates; 36 g protein; 3 g fiber; 386 mg sodium; 442 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (43% daily value), Iron (17% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 2 vegetable, 4 lean meat
More From EatingWell
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
Add these healthy and delicious recipes to your gluten-free...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
When the produce section looks bleak, turn to the freezer....
If you’re craving an easy dessert tonight, we have just what...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
Potassium plays a vital role in keeping your heart healthy...
Go beyond the gin and tonic this summer and mix up cocktails...
In the hot months of summer, cool down with a refreshing and...
Our nonalcoholic drink recipes, or “mocktails,” are festive...
Kick back and enjoy one of our delicious healthy summer punch...
During the busy workweek, these no-cook dinner recipes are...
Quinoa is a superfood that is packed with fiber and protein...
Fresh leeks are a delicious addition to many recipes. These...
Farmers’ markets and gardens are full of fresh and delicious...
Sardines (Pacific, wild-caught) are one of the healthiest...
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- Ease of Preparation