I am a little confused on the cooking time you provided. What does it mean 11/3 to 13/4? Is not cooking a turkey based on its weight determine the number of minutes per pound? I agree with the meat thermometer into the thigh avoiding the bone for accurate temperature reading. I might be incorrect but I thought the cooking time of say 15 or 20 minutes per pound Xs 11 lb Turkey equals 2.75 hours based on 15minutes/ pound and 3.667 hours for 20 minutes/pound cooking. Does your 11/3 to 13/4 translate to 2.1 hrs? Curious.
From EatingWell: October/November 2006
This method produces all the good looks and moist flavor you dream of in a Thanksgiving turkey. Make sure you show this beauty off at the table before you carve it. Garnish your serving platter with fresh herb sprigs and citrus wedges.
10 Reviews for Herb-Roasted Turkey
I picked all my fresh herbs because it's going to freeze all next week and used a combination of "parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme" For the aromatics I used lemon only. This is a wonderful recipe!!! So moist and flavorful. This will be my go-to turkey recipe from now on - no more brining for me! Clean-up was easy too!
This recipe is absolutely delicious. I'll never cook a turkey any other way again.
This sounds just like what I'm looking for. Due to Doctor's orders, I have totally changed my way of living and eating. This turkey recipe looks delicious. I can't wait to try it.
I was hosting Thanksgiving last year for some family members who really need to watch what they eat (sodium, fat content,etc) . I decided to try this recipe and trick them into eating healthier this holiday. I got absolutely RAVE reviews, despite the fact that they caught me in the act of making a healthier version! I'm going to use this recipe again this year!
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- What Does a 1,500-Calorie Diet Look Like? (84 comments)
- EatingWell 28 Day Meal Plan Help (50 comments)
- EatingWell 7-Day Meal Plan Help (32 comments)
- Week #1: Are You Ready for a Change? (30 comments)
- Bottled Water vs. Tap (29 comments)
- EatingWell Magazine Digital Subscriptions or Single Issue Copies (28 comments)
- 3 Antidotes to Overeating (24 comments)
- The Wild Salmon Debate (21 comments)
- 7 Steps to Permanent Weight Loss (20 comments)
- Boost Fiber to Slim Down (18 comments)