Herb & Lemon Roast Chicken
Even if you're only feeding four, it is a good idea to roast two chickens at once. It takes the same amount of time and then you have leftovers to use for sandwiches, soup or salad.
7 Reviews for Herb & Lemon Roast Chicken
The chicken iteslf turned out very well, but I didn't like the gravy. Also, our chicken didn't have the innards, so I roasted the chicken on a bed of celery, potatoes, onions and carrots. For spices I used basil, tarragon, fennel seed and coriander seed. We don't store wine, so I used beef broth and water for all the basting and stuff. I found that all the liquids didn't run out of the chicken as it was cooking but stayed inside.
Leida, Calgary, AB
This recipe is pretty labor intensive but my husband and I agree that it was worth every minute! I looked over at his plate and he had devoured every bite by the time I sat down and was already headed back for seconds. I had a leg cold today straight out of the fridge... it was still DELICIOUS! We will definitely have this again in the near future. :0)
Amy, Albuquerque, NM
It did not turn out like I had expected it to. To fatty and sticky. Very time consuming. I would not make it again.
Heena, Atlanta, GA
Very good and moist - but is a time commitment!
Liz, Austin, TX
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)