Herb & Horseradish Dressing
From EatingWell: March/April 2008
This creamy dressing is full of fresh herbs and tangy horseradish. It's great with smoked fish or try a dollop on a baked potato.
- 1/2 cup crème fraiche, or reduced-fat sour cream (see Ingredient Note)
- 1/3 cup finely chopped mixed fresh herbs, including chives, dill, flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Whisk crème fra&icirc;che (or sour cream), herbs, horseradish, salt and pepper in a small bowl until combined.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 week.
- Ingredient note: Crème fraÃ®che is a tangy, thick, rich cultured cream commonly used in French cooking. Find it in the dairy section of large supermarkets, usually near other specialty cheeses. Sour cream can be used as a substitute, or you can make your own lower-fat version by combining equal portions of reduced-fat sour cream and nonfat plain yogurt.
Per 2-tablespoon serving: 46 calories; 4 g fat (2 g sat, 1 g mono); 12 mg cholesterol; 2 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 0 g fiber; 109 mg sodium; 69 mg potassium.
Exchanges: 1 fat
More From EatingWell
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
One-pot recipes are the perfect solution for easy weeknight...
Our healthy stir-fry recipes are full of fiber-rich...
Packed with a bounty of nutrients as well as fiber, green...
Store-bought packaged foods can make cooking or baking easier...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
Whether you’re roasting beets, serving them sliced on a salad...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
- Type of Dish
- Salad dressing
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- March/April 2008