Herb-Coated Filet Mignon
From EatingWell: EatingWell Serves Two
It doesn't get much easier than this. If you can turn on your broiler, chop some herbs and open a jar of mustard then you have a simple and elegant dish. Turn it into a meal by adding sauteed spinach and half a baked potato with reduced-fat sour cream and prepared horseradish.
- 8 ounces filet mignon, about 2 inches thick, trimmed of fat and cut into 2 portions
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped mixed fresh herbs, such as chives, parsley, chervil, tarragon and/or thyme
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Preheat broiler.
- Rub steaks with oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place on a rack on a broiler pan.
- Broil until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the steak registers 140°F for medium-rare, 15 to 20 minutes total, turning once halfway through cooking. Transfer to a cutting board; let rest for 5 minutes.
- Place herbs on a plate. Coat the edges of the steaks evenly with mustard; then roll the edges in the herbs, pressing gently to adhere.
Per serving: 222 calories; 12 g fat (4 g sat, 6 g mono); 75 mg cholesterol; 1 g carbohydrates; 25 g protein; 0 g fiber; 184 mg sodium; 328 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (39% daily value), Zinc (33% dv).
Exchanges: 3 1/2 lean meat
More From EatingWell
If you want to make the spread at your next party look...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you’re looking for a new recipe to make for your Fourth of...
Put a fresh twist on your classic American fare with this...
From grilled chicken recipes to chicken salad recipes, our...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
To round out your summer meal, enjoy one of our healthy...
Enjoy all the fruits and vegetables summer has to offer with...
What's a picnic without coleslaw and a salad? Our healthier...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Beat the heat this summer with these easy recipes for your...
Fire up the grill, pull out the lawn chairs and celebrate...
Whether you’re in the mood for a sweet or salty snack, our...
We know summer can be a busy time of year, but be sure to...
Turmeric most often appears in Indian cuisine, as its flavor...
Cut saturated fat when you bake by swapping some of the...
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- Valentine's Day
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, meat
- Ease of Preparation
- EatingWell Serves Two