Herb-Coated Filet Mignon
From EatingWell: EatingWell Serves Two
It doesn't get much easier than this. If you can turn on your broiler, chop some herbs and open a jar of mustard then you have a simple and elegant dish. Turn it into a meal by adding sauteed spinach and half a baked potato with reduced-fat sour cream and prepared horseradish.
- 8 ounces filet mignon, about 2 inches thick, trimmed of fat and cut into 2 portions
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped mixed fresh herbs, such as chives, parsley, chervil, tarragon and/or thyme
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Preheat broiler.
- Rub steaks with oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place on a rack on a broiler pan.
- Broil until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the steak registers 140°F for medium-rare, 15 to 20 minutes total, turning once halfway through cooking. Transfer to a cutting board; let rest for 5 minutes.
- Place herbs on a plate. Coat the edges of the steaks evenly with mustard; then roll the edges in the herbs, pressing gently to adhere.
Per serving: 222 calories; 12 g fat (4 g sat, 6 g mono); 75 mg cholesterol; 1 g carbohydrates; 25 g protein; 0 g fiber; 184 mg sodium; 328 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (39% daily value), Zinc (33% dv).
Exchanges: 3 1/2 lean meat
More From EatingWell
Omega-3 fats are good for your heart and are found in fish...
These healthy sugar-free dessert recipes are a delicious and...
Stir-fries are an easy way to get dinner on the table fast...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
Carbs have gotten a bad rap as a diet no-no, but whole grains...
When you’re trying to lose weight, you don’t need to skimp on...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Baking a cake from scratch doesn’t have to be time-intensive...
There’s something oh-so-soothing about a bowl of creamy...
Our nutritionists have verified that these recipes do not...
Homemade desserts, including piping-hot apple pie, rich...
If you’re searching for an affordable and healthy meal for...
Our healthy lasagna recipes, including classic meat lasagna...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
- Valentine's Day
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, meat
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- EatingWell Serves Two