Fresh chiles and lime juice give this herb-almond pesto a pleasant kick. Serve with baked tortilla chips or use to top burgers or fish.
- 2 cups lightly packed fresh cilantro, or parsley
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted (see Tip)
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed and peeled
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons nonfat or low-fat plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Combine cilantro (or parsley), almonds, jalapeño, garlic and salt in a food processor; process until finely chopped. Add oil, yogurt, lime juice and pepper; process until the mixture forms a paste.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days. Place a piece of plastic wrap directly on the surface to prevent discoloration.
- Tip: To toast chopped nuts: Place in a small dry skillet and cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until fragrant and lightly browned, 2 to 4 minutes.
Per tablespoon: 46 calories; 4 g fat (0 g sat, 3 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 1 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 0 g fiber; 31 mg sodium; 42 mg potassium.
Exchanges: 1 fat
More From EatingWell
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
Eating meatless at least once a week has a host of health...
If you're looking for an easy, healthy meal idea for dinner...
These healthy vegan recipes take you on a virtual trip around...
- Preparation/ Technique
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- 8 or more
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)