Since I am sensitive to cows milk and other dairy products I use almond milk in the ingredients with very good results. Also,adding chopped walnuts (or any kind of nuts) makes a tasty and nourishing meal. I do not use syrups. If I want a sweet topping,it's seedless jam.
Healthy Pancake Mix
With this whole-grain mix on hand, you can enjoy homemade pancakes on busy weekday mornings. This is also a great item to pack on camping trips. Be sure to refrigerate or freeze the mix as flaxseed meal is highly perishable.
3 Reviews for Healthy Pancake Mix
These are unbelievable!
I tweaked mine just a touch based on what I had on hand... added a few tablespoons of toasted wheat germ, I had to substitute meringue powder for the powdered egg whites, just a touch of cinnamon, and tossed in a few tablespoons of oat bran just because. You can dress these up by adding blueberries and/or walnuts to the batter just before they go in the pan. I also layered sliced bananas between them and couldn't quit eating them. Three or four lasted me until mid-afternoon for fuel. I need no other recipe.
absolutely perfect if you want sweeter pancakes top with strawberries and a little powdered sugar.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- What Does a 1,500-Calorie Diet Look Like? (84 comments)
- EatingWell 28 Day Meal Plan Help (50 comments)
- EatingWell 7-Day Meal Plan Help (32 comments)
- Week #1: Are You Ready for a Change? (30 comments)
- Bottled Water vs. Tap (29 comments)
- EatingWell Magazine Digital Subscriptions or Single Issue Copies (28 comments)
- 3 Antidotes to Overeating (24 comments)
- The Wild Salmon Debate (21 comments)
- 7 Steps to Permanent Weight Loss (20 comments)
- Boost Fiber to Slim Down (18 comments)