Since I am sensitive to cows milk and other dairy products I use almond milk in the ingredients with very good results. Also,adding chopped walnuts (or any kind of nuts) makes a tasty and nourishing meal. I do not use syrups. If I want a sweet topping,it's seedless jam.
Healthy Pancake Mix
With this whole-grain mix on hand, you can enjoy homemade pancakes on busy weekday mornings. This is also a great item to pack on camping trips. Be sure to refrigerate or freeze the mix as flaxseed meal is highly perishable.
3 Reviews for Healthy Pancake Mix
These are unbelievable!
I tweaked mine just a touch based on what I had on hand... added a few tablespoons of toasted wheat germ, I had to substitute meringue powder for the powdered egg whites, just a touch of cinnamon, and tossed in a few tablespoons of oat bran just because. You can dress these up by adding blueberries and/or walnuts to the batter just before they go in the pan. I also layered sliced bananas between them and couldn't quit eating them. Three or four lasted me until mid-afternoon for fuel. I need no other recipe.
absolutely perfect if you want sweeter pancakes top with strawberries and a little powdered sugar.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)