"Add the reserved vegetables and cook, stirring, until they start to brown, 8 to 10 minutes." Anybody know how to brown green peppers, onion and celery.
From EatingWell: October 1997
Use a spicy, not-too-sweet barbecue sauce in this beef and vegetable pie.
3 Reviews for Hamburger Pie
I think this recipe is fantastic. My son loves it too! Really flavorful and one dish convenience.
I have to say that I was disapointed in this dish. I rarely eat meat, and I had a craving so I decided to make this. It is definitely not filling, and the overwhelming flavor is the barbeque sauce. The bisquit is tough, and the celery seed is too strong. There is very little texture, and without some serious tweeking I doubt that I will ever make this again.
Courtney, Redwood City, CA
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)