My husband and I both thought this dish was delicious. I used herbed sea salt and substituted ground turkey breast for the ground beef
Very finely chopping onion, mushrooms and carrots in the food processor is not only fast—it makes the vegetables hard to detect for picky eaters. They also form the base for the sauce of this ground beef skillet supper. Make it a meal: Serve with a green salad.
151 Reviews for Hamburger Buddy
With all the reviews suggesting this was bland, I increased the amounts of the spices. While not to my taste, my 9 and 14 year old daughters loved it...they asked for seconds...they loved the idea that it looked like Hamburger Helper. ( I wouldn't know...never had it) Great recipe for families with kids!!
I have made, literally, hundreds of Eating Well dishes, but this was the only one I've found to be absolutely horrible! Even after attempting to rescue with many herbs, spices, garlic and extra salt, it was SO bland. Will not make again.
I really liked this dish. The only problem was that it was bland. That is easily remedied by adding more salt. However, I am trying to control my sodium intake so this was just fine for me. It is a fun dish! It is comfort food!
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)