This has become one of my family's go-to meals, a real comfort food-type dish. My husband and two teen boys are big meat eaters so I actually double the amount of ground beef and up the pasta to about 12 ounces for extra heartiness. The only other modification I make is to add to replace the water with more broth and throw in a generous handful of grated sharp cheddar, for a bit of a "cheeseburger mac" twist. Rounded out with a spinach salad, it makes a healthy, hearty meal for hungry guys!
Very finely chopping onion, mushrooms and carrots in the food processor is not only fast—it makes the vegetables hard to detect for picky eaters. They also form the base for the sauce of this ground beef skillet supper. Make it a meal: Serve with a green salad.
151 Reviews for Hamburger Buddy
This is pretty flavourless. I added BBQ sauce to mine and my husband added HP sauce and my son added ketchup so we could all get some flavor. Will not be making again.
Could have eaten without the sour cream, think next time I will
This was good but didn't wow me bc it was a little bland. Add some cheese and it becomes awesome.
I don't have a food processor so I used my slap chop style chopper on the veggies and it worked great. I used plain Greek yogurt instead of sour cream. Much better than Hamburger Helper and way healthier.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)