This dish was edible and i added some extra spices to make it taste better. I really just tasted like mush. I had high hope because I love mushrooms! I believe if other spices were used and you did not put the veggies in a food processor this could be a decent dish.
Very finely chopping onion, mushrooms and carrots in the food processor is not only fast—it makes the vegetables hard to detect for picky eaters. They also form the base for the sauce of this ground beef skillet supper. Make it a meal: Serve with a green salad.
151 Reviews for Hamburger Buddy
This was not good at all. You need to be a fan of thyme to like this recipe. I fed it to the dogs... We ordered pizza.
My toddler loves this and it works for adults as a weeknight meal as well. I do not use the food processor though. I am afraid it would be too homogenous and the texture of the carrots is needed. It doesn't take long to dice everything up by hand. It also freezes well. We have half with a salad for a family dinner and I freeze the rest for a quick lunch on a later date for my daughter.
I used regular beef broth and sour cream instead of the healthier versions suggested. I am a "dumper" with seasonings, so our dish had plenty of flavor. I also use garlic powder instead of fresh garlic. In my experience, garlic powder adds more flavor than fresh. I know this must be killing some of you out there! Sorry. I did measure the thyme. All of my kids loved this recipe.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)