if you are trying to lose weight, this recipe is a recipe for disaster, frozen hash browns? whole egg? "fried". sorry, I m sure its delicious but maybe for a treat once in a while, if at all. Eat the asparagus, its good for you!
Ham & Swiss Rosti
Rösti is a traditional Swiss potato pancake typically served as a side dish but we added ham and cheese to transform it into an easy weeknight supper. Enjoy with steamed asparagus and chunky applesauce on the side.
7 Reviews for Ham & Swiss Rosti
Flavor was okay, but it was very dry and in spite of using a non-stick pan, stuck to the bottom and fell apart when I tried to flip it.
I made 1/2 of the recipe, but used a full egg and I think the extra was necessary. The skillet was an 8" non-stick skillet, but the rosti stuck and broke apart when I tried to invert it onto the cookie sheet. I wiped out the pan, added the additional oil and did my best to slide the product back in. This serves two very nicely, but if I make it again, I will make 4 patties that can be flipped instead of trying to flip one big piece. My husband really liked the dish and I ate mine with my homemade cinnamon applesauce on top. YUM!
It is delicious, but why on earth is it classified as "low calorie"? Cheese melted into potatoes and fried in a pan? That doesn't count as low calorie-food, sorry :) Quite enjoyable nonetheless!
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)