I added a small diced onion, couple cloves of garlic, worcesterchire, double the spices... nothing improves this or even adds much flavor. What's wrong with this recipe? I don't know but I won't be spending any more time thinking about it. Sorry for the negative review, but honestly I won't be making it again. What a waste of good ham.
Ham & Red Pepper Spread
From EatingWell: November/December 2010
Spread this creamy ham and roasted red pepper dip on Belgian endive, crackers or toasted baguette or use it as a dip for vegetables.
4 Reviews for Ham & Red Pepper Spread
I first made this a couple of years ago for our pre-Thanksgiving meal snack tray, and everyone raved about it! Since then it has been a regular holiday staple at our house. Takes only minutes to make, but the sherry vinegar and smoked paprika give it a nice, complex flavor. Never any leftovers with this one!
I really was disappointed in this one. As promised, it was quick and easy - but the end result was not as great as its parts (all of which I love!). The cream cheese seemed to mute all the flavor of everything else, and the spread was terribly bland - not bad per se, just flavorless. Can't see making this recipe again, but if I did, I think I'd add Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, or perhaps garlic to it to improve the lackluster taste.
I tasted this spread in the Test Kitchen and instantly knew I'd have to bring it to an upcoming family gathering. After the party I found my serving bowl nearly scraped clean! It was a huge hit!
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)